Workout in the parks, meet new friends, and get back in to your workout routine this summer with Prairie Fit Outdoor fitness classes.
See the full schedule and register today.
Membership Status Update:
Prairie Fit at PARC guests will be welcomed back on Tuesday July 7th, with your membership status being unfrozen and billing resuming on FRIDAY JULY 17th, 2020.
If you are not quite ready to return, we more than understand and you are welcome to continue to keep your account frozen thru December 16th, 2020.
If you wish to keep your membership frozen, you will need to notify Brenda Boryca, Boryca@plfdparks.org, via EMAIL by 4:00p on FRIDAY JULY 10th.
We will need any extension requests in writing, so unfortunately voicemails or verbal conversations will not be accepted. Upon receipt of email, you will get a confirmation response confirming your request. If you wish to remain frozen, members will be able to unfreeze their account anytime between July 17th and December 16th.
Members who keep their accounts frozen will still have the option to workout by reserving a spot at $6 per workout. Non-members will be charged $8 per time slot.
How to restart your workouts:
Until further notice, we will be using an online time reservations protocol to use the facility.
This will allow for the staff to monitor and control the number of guests in the building along with giving ample time to make sure that the building is cleaned prior to each group coming in.
Reservations will be handled online only.
There will be no in-person or drop-in reservations taken at this time. Based on demands, additional slots and days may be added.
Available time slots will be as follows:
How to reserve a Time Slot for your workouts:
You can use your RecTrac account log-in to reserve your workout time slot.
If you are not familiar with registering thru RecTrac, the links below contain step by step instruction sheet as well as an instructional video.
Remember that if you are leaving your account frozen, you can still reserve a spot at $6 per workout. Non-members will be charged $8 per time slot.
Upon signing up for a slot you will receive additional information regarding check-in procedures and additional expectations to be followed during your visit.
If you have any questions, please contact Brenda Boryca at email@example.com.
Your health and safety are our highest priority and we look forward to seeing you back again real soon!
Please follow the links below to learn how to get started:
Use the videos from our library to create a custom workout that’s either low impact or high impact or a mix of both.
Whether you want to create a cardio only, lower body, upper body, core, or a mixture, we’ve got you covered.
|Annual Membership Options||Paid in Full||Monthly EFT|
|Adult (Ages 18 – 59)||$275||$25|
|Active Adult (Ages 60 & Older)||$220||$20|
|Youth (Ages 12 – 17)||$220||$20|
|Household – First Member||$25|
|*Each Additional Household Member||*$20|
|Track Only Pass||$65 one time payment for 12 months|
|Open Gym Only Pass||$95 one time payment for 12 months|
|Individual Monthly EFT||$35 No annual commitment required|
|Daily Pass – Fitness||$8|
|Daily Pass – Open Gym/Track||$5||$10|
Fitness Membership Details
• New Member Joiner Fee – $75 – Joiner Fee Waived for Park district residents
• All Annual and Monthly EFT memberships require a one year commitment. An ongoing membership can be cancelled at any time after the 12 month requirement has been met.
• An ongoing membership is paid monthly using a bank debit or credit card.
• Youth ages 11 and under are not permitted in the fitness center at any time.
• Youth ages 12-13 must be supervised by an adult 18 and older at all times.
• Household membership is defined as any legal dependents living at the same address.
• Members under 18 years old require a parent signature before the membership is processed.
• No new member joiner fee for track only and open gym only passes.
• * = Must purchase Household pass first before purchasing each additional household member pass.
Active Adult classes
Stretch, Core & More
As we age, or build muscle the need for stretching only increases. This class will focus on movements and exercises that loosen the muscles, joints, and tendons. In addition, the core will be another area of focus.
Strength & Balance
Participants will concentrate on the strength needed to perform activities of daily living such as, rising from a chair, reaching the top shelf, lifting groceries and feeling confident as you walk. We will use bands, tubing, and weights to aide in building strength. This class is designed in a small group atmosphere, beginning level, in order to ensure that all participants make positive changes in strength and balance.
Fitness Active Adult
Exercise has been proven to reduce pain and stiffness, as well as improving strength and overall health. This class is designed for the Active Adult who wants to experience an introduction to cardiovascular fitness while incorporating both strength and balance. Improve your strength, flexibility and posture.
Step it up a notch with this cardio, power up class especially designed for the adult who wants a faster tempo and motivational exercises! Improve your agility, balance, strength, and coordination! This class includes moderate to moderately heavy low impact cardio exercise and resistance training focusing on major muscle groups and strengthening for the heart and lungs.
Benefits of a personal trainer
1. Faster and better results: Having a personal trainer to guide you through your fitness routine will help make sure you are spending time on the proper types of exercise. If you only have a limited amount of time to work out, a personal trainer will make sure you get the best results possible for the amount of time that you put it.
2. Proper fat loss and muscle gain: Most people have multiple goals when working out, the most common being fat loss and muscle gain. It’s often hard to find the right balance between these two, and a personal trainer can help you find the right exercises to achieve all of your goals.
3. Reduced chance of injury: A personal trainer will teach you the proper form and technique to use during your workout so you can stay safe and injury-free.
4. Establishes a lifetime exercise habit: A personal trainer can help you find ways to make healthy living and exercise a priority in your life. They can help you overcome obstacles that might prevent you from exercising, and help you set many small, achievable goals.
5. Overcome plateaus: When you hit a plateau in your exercise routine, it can be hard to push through and stay motivated. A personal trainer can help you understand why you hit a plateau and find ways for you to work through it and see more results.
Call today to set-up your personal training appointment!
|Personal Training Packages|
|Personal trainer starter Pack 3 1-hour sessions for $129|
|Resident||1 Session||3 Sessions||6 Sessions||9 Sessions||12 Sessions||20 Sessions|
|Individual 30 min.||$30.00||$87.00||$162.00||$234.00||$300.00||NA|
|Individual 60 min.||$49.00||$147.00||$282.00||$378.00||$456.00||$760.00|
|Nonresident||1 Session||3 Sessions||6 Sessions||9 Sessions||12 Sessions||20 Sessions|
|Individual 30 min.||$38.00||$109.00||$203.00||$293.00||$375.00||NA|
|Individual 60 min.||$62.00||$184.00||$353.00||$473.00||$570.00||$950.00|
Plainfield Park District
24550 West Renwick Road
Plainfield, IL 60544
We would love to hear what you think.
Your feedback will help us make future experiences better.