Keep moving this summer with a dance class at the Plainfield Park District.
Dear Dance Parents,
Here is the day you have all been patiently waiting for:
Costume Pick-up Day
Date: Saturday, May 30th, 2020
Place: Prairie Activity & Recreation Center (PARC), 24550 W. Renwick Rd.
Last Name A-F 10-10:30a
Lase Name G-L 10:30-11a
Last Name M-R 11-11:30a
Last Name S-Z 11:30-12:00p
Costume pick-up instructions:
- Upon entering the parking lot at your allowed time, you will be instructed to pull into the parking lot North of the facility, drive past the front of facility, turning right at the stop sign in front of the building. You will follow the road along the South side of facility and stop by the preschool entrance doors. Signs will be posted and staff will help direct you to the proper location.
- Everyone MUST drive through the pick-up line to get their costumes and wave goodbye to their instructor, no walk-ups (even if wearing a mask).
- Do not exit your car.
- Once you have arrived at the pick-up location, one of the dance instructors will ask for your name, class day and time to ensure you receive correct costume(s).
- Once your costume(s) have been received, you will then exit out the South West entrance.
- Make sure you wave to all your dance instructors as you go through the line.
- If you cannot pick up your costume(s) during your allowed time, please contact Miss Cindy at firstname.lastname@example.org to make other pick-up arrangements.
- As we are all sadden that we were unable to host our dance recital this year, we would love for you to send us a short video (30 seconds or less) of your child dancing in their costume. While wearing their costumes, they can show off their favorite dance moves or poses. These videos will then be posted to the Park District Facebook page and other social media outlets. Please submit your short video to email@example.com by Friday, June 5th.
Thank you for a great season and we hope to see you again soon!
About Plainfield Park District Dance
The Plainfield Park District offers dance programming exclusively at its Streams Dance Studio, 24319 Cedar Creek Lane in Plainfield.
Plainfield Park District Dance programs enrich students’ lives in many ways with classes aimed at instilling confidence, improved flexibility and balance, development of rhythm, and enhanced memorization.
Dance also provides a vital social outlet for kids and is a way to express themselves in a safe, supportive, and nurturing environment.
Plainfield Park District Dance offers classes for just about every style and discipline including ballet, tap, pointe, poms, jazz, lyrical, and hip hop.
We also offer combo classes and tumbling at the Streams Dance Studio.
Summer cheer programs with the Plainfield Park District include something for each skill level from our youngest students in Rah Rah Rascals to our Jr. Cheerleaders Camp as well as Ignite Cheer for your middle school student.
Front Line Dance Team
For dancers who want to take part in competitive dance, the Park District hosts tryouts each year in August for its Front Line Dance Team. The team is open to Plainfield Park District dance students who love dance and want to test their abilities in a competitive environment.
Hour-long classes meet every Friday during competition season.
The Front Line Senior Team will compete in 3 local meets and 1 state match. Juniors will compete in 2 local competitions, 1 state meet. The mini team will compete in 2 local meets and 1 state meet.
All competitions are held on Saturdays or Sundays. A competition schedule will be handed out at the first class of the year.
Dance students are only allowed three unexcused absences for dance teams and premiere classes.
If you are participating with another dance competition team you may not participate in a premiere class.
- Dancers must take classes during both the Fall/Holiday and Winter/Spring sessions to be eligible for competition teams
- Dancers will be responsible for purchasing a costume
- Dancers will also be responsible for payment of competition entry fees (two local competitions and one local state competition)
- Warm up jacket purchase from Eich’s Sports is mandatory (For returning competition dancers: if you qualify for the team, you may use your warm up jacket from previous year. Keep in mind, no one is guaranteed a spot on the PPD dance team even if the individual competed the previous year)
Plainfield Park District Dance Decals
Show your Plainfield Park District dance pride with a decal for your vehicle. Decals are available for purchase at the Streams front desk for $3 each.