Plainfield Residents and Businesses Encouraged To Participate in Community Food Drive
Plainfield, IL — September is National Hunger Action Month!
To help support the local food pantries, the Village of Plainfield, C.W. Avery Family YMCA, Plainfield Park District, Plainfield Public Library, Plainfield School District 202, and Plainfield Shorewood Area Chamber of Commerce are encouraging everyone to donate to the community food drive which benefits Bags of Hope, a private backpack food program, the Plainfield Area Interfaith Food Pantry, and St. John Lutheran Church Food Pantry.
The food pantries would appreciate donations of oatmeal/cereal; canned chicken and tuna; peanut butter and jelly; pasta and pasta sauce; flour/sugar; rice; canned fruits and vegetables; soups/ramen; macaroni & cheese; condiments; snacks (granola bars, fruit snacks, and cheese & crackers); and boxed potatoes. Personal hygiene products (soap, shampoo/conditioner, toothpaste); baby items (diapers, wipes, formula, and food); household cleaning products; and paper products (tissues, toilet paper, paper towel) are also welcomed.
Donations will be accepted at the following locations through September 30:
- PRAIRIE ACTIVITY & RECREATION CENTER (PARC), 24550 W. Renwick Road.
- Plainfield Township Community Center, 15014 S. DesPlaines Street.
- Plainfield Public Library, 15025 S. Illinois Street.
- Plainfield School District 202 Administration Center, 15732 Howard Street.
- C.W. Avery Family YMCA, 15120 Wallin Drive. The Y will also be collecting nonperishables during their Fall Membership Sale. For details, please visit www.jolietymca.org.
- Plainfield Shorewood Area Chamber of Commerce, 24109 W. Lockport Street.
- Tortilla Flatz Mexican Grill, 13717 S. Route 30.
- Village Hall, 24401 W. Lockport Street.
Please join us in helping our hungry neighbors!
For more information, please contact:
Amy De Boni, Community Relations Director Village of Plainfield (815) 439-4255