Prior to the Park District acquiring the property from the Illinois Department of Natural Resources, the original farm site was owned by two families for 157 years. Originally, Benjamin and Harriet Norton purchased the farm site from the Federal Government in 1843. The Norton family held the property for more than eighty years at which time the property was sold to Clayton Eaton. Today, the Park District has been completing prairie restoration projects throughout the site. Remnants of the original farm and homestead still remain. There is an improved canoe/kayak launch site at this park with parking. As part of the shelter rental, there is also a volleyball court and horseshoe courts. The asphalt trail is .90 miles and is part of the proposed 29-mile regional DuPage River Trail.
Click here for Shelter Reservation Form.
- Boat Launch
- Ice Skating (seasonal)
- Natural Resource Area
- 76.6 Acres