This is the most up-to-date information and resources available for our residents regarding the Park District’s response to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
This page will be updated as soon as new information becomes available. SEE WHAT’S OPEN >
Update Dec. 9: A MESSAGE TO OUR BASKETBALL LEAGUE FAMILIES:
Based on the current local and state mandates, the only athletic activity allowed to take place inside are private one-on-one lessons. Due to these mitigations, we are unable to run a basketball program as we had originally planned. An email with more details was sent home to all families who are registered which can also be read at the link below.
Update on Winter League Basketball
UPDATE Nov. 19: Please note that the following changes will take effect starting Nov. 20 due to new State of Illinois Tier 3 mitigation guidelines aimed at reducing the spread of COVID-19:
- Patrons using the Prairie Fit fitness center will be required to wear a mask at all times while working out
- In-person fitness classes will either be held outdoors or virtually
- Scout’s Club 202, Great Adventures Preschool, and the PARC elevated track will remain open during the Tier 3 mitigation period
- Parks, Trails, and Playgrounds will remain open
- Changes for upcoming special events and other programming will be announced as soon as possible
- Further questions can be directed to RESTOREPPD@PLFDPARKS.ORG