The Plainfield Park District is partnering with the Village of Plainfield to host Plainfield’s Annual Fireworks Show set to begin at approximately 9 p.m., July 3 at Plainfield Central High School, 24120 W. Fort Beggs Drive.
Additionally, the Inaugural Plainfield Food Truck Festival is running 4 to 9 p.m. in the parking lot of the Prairie Activity & Recreation Center, 24550 W. Renwick Road.
Recommended parking and viewing locations for the fireworks include:
- Plainfield Central High School
- Gregory B. Bott Community Park
- St. Mary Immaculate Catholic Parish Church
The following closures will occur on July 3:
- The baseball fields and bike path at Gregory B. Bott Community Park will close at approximately 10 a.m.
- The playground at Gregory B. Bott Community Park will close at 8:30 p.m.
The following parking restrictions will be in place on July 3:
- No Parking
- Renwick Road between Hometown Drive and Spangler’s Farm Drive
- River Road
- No Parking on one side of:
- Hometown Drive
A limited amount of accessible parking will be available near the Plainfield Central tennis courts. Early arrival is recommended if needing to utilize the accessible parking area.
There will be an increase in pedestrian traffic in the area. All motorists are advised to use caution on Monday afternoon and evening when driving near Plainfield Central. Anyone planning to come and enjoy the food truck festival and fireworks show is reminded to expect significant traffic delays at the conclusion of the events. No alcohol is permitted at any of the viewing locations.
Please see the maps below for parking locations, viewing locations, restricted areas and traffic patterns.
Any questions regarding the road closures, parking or the events may be directed to Commander Anthony Novak at (815) 267-7234 or the Plainfield Park District at 815-436-8812.