Champion Creek, located at 24100 W. Champion Drive in Plainfield in the Champion Creek Subdivision, will receive a variety of improvements and upgrades in 2023.
- The 7.58-acre park is set to receive:
- Updated play equipment (shown below)
- Resurfaced half basketball court with a new goal and net
- Fresh paint job on the existing shelter
- New site furniture and picnic table
- Landscape additions
- New backstop in the same location
- Partial sidewalk replacements and ramps for ADA upgrades
The Park District received and evaluated all playground surveys for the renovation and thanks all residents who participated in providing valuable feedback. Based on the everyone’s responses, Option 2 (shown below and with some revisions) was chosen.
Construction is scheduled to begin in October.