The Plainfield Park District is closely monitoring developments concerning the spread of Coronavirus also known as COVID-19.
With safety and wellbeing as our top priority for our patrons and staff, the Plainfield Park District will diligently continue its standard sanitizing practices which include the daily cleaning of all surfaces in our facilities by custodial staff, including all classrooms, restrooms, lobby areas, front desk surfaces, equipment, and floors.
As extra precautions, additional staffing has been assigned to complete added cleaning and sanitizing of frequently touched surfaces at our facilities. More signage for greater awareness is being posted within our facilities.
We are asking residents and patrons who use our facilities to practice the following recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) similar to those measures used to prevent the spread of illnesses like influenza:
- If you are sick or have a fever please stay home
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your face including your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue then throw the tissue in the trash
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
We hope that these measures give you confidence that we are taking the necessary precautions in this evolving situation. We remain committed to providing you and your family with friendly, clean, and safe services and amenities.
On behalf of everyone at Plainfield Park District, thank you for your trust in us. We look forward to seeing you at our programs, parks, and facilities.